Miniglass Day Tank
Miniglass Day Tank up to 500kg/day
- The Miniglass Day Tank is the smallest professional glass melting furnace that Falorni company produces. It has been especially studied for the production of sodalime glass transparent and colored
- The Miniglass furnaces can be adapted to any processing method, the main characteristic is the small size design that makes them suitable for any work environment.
- These furnaces are easy to use, with fully automatic combustion system, in order to ensure the complete control and the maximum temperature reliability.
- The Miniglass furnace burning and control system is handly and easy to use. It is fit into a metallic frame that is separated from the furnace and all the necessary components for safety gas ramp operation, flame control and furnace temperature control.
- The Miniglass furnace is trasportable and it has the glass tank interchangeable.
Miniglass Day Tank main Features
The main characteristics of this furnace are the following:
- Transportable and compact; it is delivered ready to be used with the combustion system already assembled.
- Interchangeable melting tank: the furnace is built in order to be able to change the melting tank independently from the furnace superstructure. The insulated melting tank assembled in the metallic structure, ready to be replaced, is sold as a spare part.
- Glass drainage: the furnace is provided with a drainage hole in the centre of the melting tank bottom. This hole is used to empty the tank from the glass in a few types of processing methods, or to clean the furnace when we change the color. The opening and closure of the hole is regulated by a mechanism provided with a water cooled punch, which allows the opening and the closure of the glass flow.
- Reduced consumption of Energy and resistance to many cycles of switching on and off; the Miniglass furnace has been studied on purpose to have a minimum mass of refractory material. For the type of work that a day tank has to perform daily, that is to say to warm (charging and melting) and cool (working temperature), a reduced refractory mass allows to reduce the gas consumption (we don't have to warm much material), and at the same time it endures better the heatings and the coolings, because it has a very little dilatation.
- Automatic combustion system with flame control and heating curve from room temperature till working temperature;
- The combustion system is provided with a safety gas ramp and a sensor detecting the presence of the flame. The automatic combustion system allows the regulation of the heating in degrees / hour, or by following a set program, up to the reaching of the final working set-point.
- Alarm system with phone controller; the furnace has an alarm system with phone controller: in case of anomaly in the functioning or electric black out, beyond an acoustic warning, it sends a call to some phone numbers set in sequence, till one of these answers and confirms the reception.
Miniglass Day Tank Working Cycle Description
The Miniglass Day Tank has circular shape and is heated with methane gas through a hot air burner, coming from a steel heating recuperator. The furnace is provided with an automatic combustion system. The flame of the burners works tangent to the circular wall of the furnace, and it runs on the glass surface, following a U trajectory. The draught chimney is placed on a lateral position as regards the working mouth. The working cycle is daily, 24 hours on 24, and it is divided in four different phases.
MINIGLASS DAY TANK WORKING CYCLE
The furnace has a temperature between 1100°C and 1180°C, in order to keep the glass at the suitable viscosity to be worked. During this phase the glass is gathered and worked by the glass-makers.
Heating and Charging of the raw materials
At the end of the working shift, the tank has been emptied from the glass and the heating and charging phase begins: the furnace is taken to the suitable temperature to melt the glass (between 1280 to 1320°C), and we charge the raw materials through the charging machine. The complete charging of the raw material is made in two or three times depending from the dimension of the furnace.
Glass Melting and Refining
After the last charging of raw material, the furnace is brought to the maximum temperature, 1450 / 1490°C, in order to get a very liquid glass, allowing the elimination of all the gas that have been produced during the melting.
Cooling down to the working temperature
When the glass is well refined (free of gas bubbles), the furnace temperature is brought to the working temperature (according with the production schedule) between 1100 and 1180°C. It takes about two hours.
Miniglass Day Tank Glass Contact Tank
- We can have three different types of Miniglass TANK: Miniglass N, Miniglass DY, and Miniglass EL.
- The Miniglass N is the furnace suitable for little glass artistic ateliers, which need to switch on and off the furnace quite often during one year. The tank N type is built with a mullite zirconuim concrete, which has a very good resistance to the thermal shocks. The maximum working temperature of such tank is 1450°C. The average life of tank type N is around two years, producing a transparent soda-lime glass.
- The Miniglass DY is the furnace suitable for little artistic ateliers which produce glass of high quality. Its characteristic is to use as tank a pot of round shape, in mullite zirconuim material of high quality, that can be found directly in the market by the best producers (Dyson, Emhart).
- The Miniglass EL is the professional furnace for the glass factory which produces glass of high quality, using the furnace in a continuous way. The tank is built with electrofused material. With the EL line it is possible to produce types of very aggressive glass (like opal or borosilicate). The maximum working temperature of such furnace is 1530°C. The average life of such a tank is around three years, producing a transparent soda-lime glass.
Miniglass Day Tank Technical Features
MG 75 EL GAS FIRED
- Max. melting temperature: 1450°C
- Electrical power installed: 2 kW
- Workable glass: 75 kg
- Furnace weight: 1600 kg
- Glass Capacity: 90 kg
- Tank Inner Size: Ø 500mm
- Energy to mantain 1000°C: 3 Nm³/h
- Tank Glass Depth: 200 mm
- Total Gas consumption 24 h: 145 Nm³
- External dimensions: 1400 x 1400 x 1700 H
MG 180 EL GAS FIRED
- Max melting temperature: 1450°C
- Electrical power installed: 4 kW
- Workable glass: 180 kg
- Furnace weight: 1900 kg
- Glass Capacity: 230 kg
- Tank Inner Size: Ø 700 mm
- Energy to mantain 1000°C: 6 Nm³ /h
- Tank Glass Depth: 250 mm
- Total Gas consumption 24 hours: 200 Nm³
- External dimensions: Ø 1500 x 1500x 1700 H
MG 250 EL GAS FIRED
- Max melting temperature: 1450°C
- Electrical power installed: 5 kW
- Workable glass: 250 kg
- Furnace weight: 2100 kg
- Glass Capacity: 350 kg
- Tank Inner Size: Ø 800 mm
- Energy to mantain 1000°C: 7 Nm³ /h
- Tank Glass Depth: 300 mm
- Total Gas consumption 24 hours: 260 Nm³
- External dimensions: Ø 1600 x 1600 x 1700 H
MG 350 EL GAS FIRED
- Max melting temperature: 1450°C
- Electrical power installed:6 kW
- Workable glass: 350 kg
- Furnace weight: 2500 kg Glass Capacity: 450 kg
- Tank Inner Size: Ø 900 mm
- Energy to mantain 1000°C: 8 Nm³/h
- Tank Glass Depth: 350 mm
- Total Gas consumption 24 h: 310 Nm³
- External dimensions: 1700 x 1700 x 100 H
MG 450 EL GAS FIRED
- Max melting temperature: 1450°C
- Electrical power installed: 8 kW
- Workable glass: 450 kg
- Furnace weight: 3000 kg
- Glass Capacity: 600 kg
- Tank Inner Size: Ø 1000 mm
- Energy to mantain 1000°C: 9 Nm³/h
- Tank Glass Depth: 350 mm
- Total Gas consumption 24 h: 370 Nm³
- External dimensions: 1900 x 1900 x 1700 H
Miniglass Day Tank Heat protection
Miniglass Day Tank Combustion Systems
The combustion system is composed of a metallic frame, independent from the furnace, on which all the necessary components such as the gas feeding ramp and the electric switchboard, for the control and the regulation of the combustion of the furnace, are installed. The electric board contains all the necessary devices for turning a burner on or off. A UVZ detector continuously controls the presence of the flame of the burner and when it is necessary acts on the security valves interrupting the gas flow to the burner. The regulation of the furnace-combustion is completely automatic and it is made through a regulator, which provides to change the power of the burner such as to maintain constant the temperature value into the furnace. The combustion system is supplied complete of a gas flow meter indicating the gas that the furnace is using, and it is equipped of a stainless steel flexible pipe of about 1 meter length for the connection to the combustion burner. The system is studied to be installed near the furnace, to reduce the encumbrances, to avoid further connections from the system to the furnace and to make easier the use for the operator; therefore no further extension-pipes for the connection of air and gas are supplied. For the preheating of the furnace it is used the same combustion system setting the temperature- and the speed - rise according to the requests of the operator.
- 1. Antivibration joint
- 2. Gas filter
- 3. Pressure gauges
- 4. Pressure reducer (option)
- 5. Gas pressure switch
- 6. Solenoid Gas valves
- 7. Pneumatic balance
- 8. Gs flow meter
- 9. Burner
- 10. Air valve
- 11. Melting furnace
- 12. Thermocouple
- 13. Hot recuperator
- 14. Air pressure switch
- 15. Fan
- 16. Electronic frequency inverter
- 17. Temperature regulator
Miniglass Day tank Hot Air Burners
- The internal part is covered with refractory material. The maximum temperature of the air is 550°C
- On each burner, there is a butterfly valve with pressure manometer for hot air regulation.
- On each burner, there is a micrometric valve and a mechanical gas flow meter for gas quantity measure.
- The gas mixer of the burners are adjustable in order to control the flame length.
- The gas pipe with nozzle and air mixer are easily interchangeable from the back of the burner.
- The burners can work with big excess of air to create a very oxidant atmosphere in the combustion chamber.
- Low noise burner. The combustion noise of these burners is very low.
- The burners are installed on a fully adjustable bracket and connected to the gas supplied through quick-release flexible hoses
Miniglass Day tank Hot Air Steel Recuperator
- This type of recuperator consists in two cylinder of similar diameter made with heat resistant steel and insulated outside with ceramic fiber and rock-wool. The heat exchanging area is the anular space formed between the two concentric cylinder, infact the hot waste gas pass trought the inner tube heating the steel till 700°C and the combustion air pass through the anular space cooling the steel and heating up itself till 400°C.
- The stainless steel inside of the recuperator is avalaible in two qualities: AISI 310S and 253MA.
- The double shell recuperator is used in single modules.
- This kind of recuperator is used for Day Tank furnaces of dimensions up to 450 kg / day
Miniglass Day Tank Pressure Control
Complete furnace pressure metering and control system, including:
- Furnace pressure probe
- Sensor for atmospheric pressure measuring transmitter.
- Digital controller Instrument
- Electronic inverter
- Electric fan
- Air Jet damper
PRESSURE REGULATION SYSTEM
The control of the pressure is regulated by the inserting of plus or minus forced air in the waste gas exit pipe, after the recuperator. In this way we can reduce or increase the speed of the waste gas and consequently the pressure inside of the furnace.
THE SYSTEM IS COMPOSED AS FOLLOWS:
The differential pressure value coming from the furnace pressure probe is received by the pressure transmitter that trasforms it in electric signal and sends it to the digital controller. The automatic digital controller manages the air quantity (electric fan speed ) through an electronic inverter.
Miniglass Day Tank batch charger
The furnace has to be charged by a charging machine in order to distribute the batch in the furnace in a regular way. For the Miniglass Day tank , the Falorni batch machines are water or air cooled and have two different systems:
- Transportable by fork lift or by wheels, screw feeder.
- Transportable by fork lift or by wheels, oscillating tube.
The screw feeder is the most used, while the oscillating tube is used only for colored glass because the machinery empties completely after charging without any deposit in the tube.
NOTE: Falorni proposes also the fully manual charging machine on wheels for the smaller Miniglass Day tank or for colored glass.
Miniglass Day Tank Glass Draining System
In the center of the glass melting tank, 25 mm lower than the electrofused cast sole, there is a draining hole of about 35 mm diameter. The drilled electrofused cast block is fixed 25 mm lower than the sole of the tank and its tickness is 150 mm.
The drain opening is controlled by a steel water cooled plunger, installed with a mechanical system.
The draining can be used for the complete emptying of the furnace or for taking out a part of the glass.
During the glass drainage of the furnace, the glass flow from the furnace can be open and close by the water cooled plunger mechanism.
Miniglass Day Tank Tilting System
The glass melting furnace Miniglass with tilting option, is a furnace provided with a fully automatic combustion system built according to CE directives, and with all the safety devices foreseen by the International laws. This furnace can reach a temperature of 1550°C. The peculiarity of such furnace is the tilting system. Such furnace is particularly useful for all the companies which produce industrial frit or sodium silicate glass or customer that use the technique of glass casting. The furnace is provided with a steel heating recuperator
Tilting System till 90°:
As we told in the first description, the tilting system is the peculiarity of this type of plant. The furnace is provided with a system working through a motoreducer or a hydraulic piston, which allows the tilting till 90° and the complete emptying of the melting tank. The product comes out from a channel positioned on the working mouth of the furnace. The tilting is regulated by a mobile button panel very easy to use, which allows to manage the leakage of the product.
This type of system is very requested to produce ceramic frits and special products like sodium silicate glass and so on.
Day Tank Air-Gas-Oxygen Combustion System
For the production of special glass with very high melting temperature, such as dark colors, borosilicate glass or glass ceramic, our company proposes a special automatic combustion mixed system (air-gas-oxygen), which is able to get the furnace up to 1550°C. This system is an innovative Oxygen/air/natural gas combustion system conceived to work in two different operating ways:
- Preheated air / natural gas (traditional way)
- Oxygen / preheated air / natural gas.
It has been studied to improve the following points:
- Melting temperature over than 1500°C: with Falorni Oxy system it is possible to reach the melting temperature of 1550°C in a few hours, without causing stress to the refractory materials and especially to the crown of the furnace.
- Shorter melting time: thanks to the higher temperature of the flame and its brightness, the melting process with the AIR/GAS/OXY combustion system is two hours shorter.
- Melting of very dark colour: the brightness of the flame allows to melt very dark colored glass.
- Loss of chemical components: the quantity of waste gas is reduced of 55%, and the batch powder carried out is very small.
- Atmosphere pollution: the emission in the atmosphere is reduced.
- Flexibility in the utilisation: Falorni Oxy system can be used in the traditional way (preheated air/natural gas) and with Oxygen/air/gas. The commutation is directly made from the panel control (turning a key selector), and nothing has to be moved (the burner and the digital controller instruments are both the same). The operator can change type of system every time he wants, and he can use the oxygen only during some special glass meltings ( for example for the borosilicate glass and the dark colored glass). With this system it is possible to use the Oxygen only when it is necessary. During the working time, for example, it is not convenient to use Oxy because it is not very efficient.
- Easy installation: Falorni Oxy system is very easy to install, in comparison with the standard combustion system.
It is possible to add the oxygen technology to all the Falorni combustion systems.